Florence Maxwell Low Vision Clinic
How do you know if you need a low vision evaluation? Ask yourself the following questions. If you respond yes to any of them, then you are a good candidate for low vision services.
Are you having difficulty…
- Seeing faces?
- Reading newspapers and magazines?
- Reading bills, mail and medication bottles?
- Managing your finances?
- Signing your name?
- Using your computer?
- Watching TV?
Call 404-875-9011 to learn how the Florence Maxwell Low Vision Clinic can help:
- A specially trained optometrist will evaluate your usable sight and make recommendations for enhancing your quality of life and independence. Low vision evaluations are provided by Dr. Jon Forché, Dr. Esther Yang, Dr. Kim Vuong, and Dr. Jamie Gallagher by appointment only. Learn about our doctors’ experience below.
- An occupational therapist (OT) with a specialty in low vision will introduce you to lighting and magnification options for reading, writing and performing daily activities that best fit your goals and needs.
- We will help you learn to use devices and techniques for everyday activities such as meal preparation, financial management and medication organization.
- We will recommend other CVI services that can help you maintain your independence and continue activities you enjoy.
For more details about the services we offer, download the Menu of Services or call us at 404-875-9011 to make an appointment.
If you are a doctor or a community service provider, you can refer your patient or client to CVI via this online referral form, or if you prefer, download, print, and complete the referral form and fax it to 404-875-4568.
We also provide low vision evaluations for school age children in our Midtown clinic or we can organize a clinic at your school. To schedule an onsite school clinic, contact the Outreach Relationship Manager at 404-875-9011.
- CVI Low Vision Public Service Announcement (MP3)
- Introducción a la Clínica Florence Maxwell de Baja Visión (PDF)
- Dr. Jon Forché
- Dr. Esther Yang
- Dr. Kim Vuong
- Dr. Jamie Gallagher
CVI accepts Medicare, Medicaid, and most Medicare Advantage and private insurance plans in Georgia. We also offer private pay options for services not covered by your insurance.
Financial assistance is available based on income and household size. Click here for more information or call 404-875-9011.
CVI is grateful to Georgia’s Drive For Sight program which supports clinic services in Georgia communities. Georgia drivers may choose to donate one dollar for this program at the time of their initial or renewal application for motor vehicle drivers’ licenses.