Florence Maxwell Low Vision Clinic
The Florence Maxwell Low Vision Clinic helps people ages five years and older who are experiencing low vision.
How do you know if you need a low vision evaluation? Ask yourself the following questions. If you respond yes to any of them, then you are a good candidate for low vision services.
Are you having difficulty…
- Seeing faces?
- Reading newspapers and magazines?
- Reading bills, mail and medication bottles?
- Managing your finances?
- Signing your name?
- Using your computer?
- Watching TV?
The ways our Florence Maxwell Low Vision Clinic can help include:
- A specially trained optometrist will evaluate your usable sight and make recommendations for enhancing your quality of life and independence.
- An occupational therapist (OT) with a specialty in low vision will introduce you to lighting and magnification options for reading, writing and performing daily activities that best fit your goals and needs.
- We will help you learn to use devices and techniques for everyday activities such as meal preparation, financial management and medication organization.
- We will recommend other CVI services that can help you maintain your independence and continue activities you enjoy.
For more details about the services we offer, download the Menu of Services or call us at 404-875-9011 to make an appointment.
Most private insurance is accepted. Medicare coverage is available for those who qualify.
If you are a doctor or a community service provider, you can refer your patient or client to CVI via this online referral form, or if you prefer, download, print, and complete the referral form and fax it to 404-875-4568.
Low vision evaluations are provided by Dr. Jon Forché, Dr. Esther Yang, Dr. Kim Vuong, and Dr. Jamie Gallagher by appointment only. Learn about our doctors’ experience below.
We also provide low vision evaluations for school age children in our Midtown clinic or we can organize a clinic at your school. To schedule an onsite clinic, contact the Florence Maxwell Low Vision Clinic Manager Tierra Long at 404-602-4345.
- CVI Low Vision Public Service Announcement (MP3)
- Introducción a la Clínica Florence Maxwell de Baja Visión (PDF)
- Dr. Jon Forché
- Dr. Esther Yang
- Dr. Kim Vuong
- Dr. Jamie Gallagher
CVI is grateful to Georgia’s Drive For Sight program which awarded us a grant to fund this life-changing work. The Georgia “Drive for Sight” Program is based on voluntary donations. Georgia drivers may choose to donate one dollar at the time of their initial or renewal application for motor vehicle drivers’ licenses.