Are you searching for the perfect gift for a friend or loved one with vision loss? CVI’s VisAbility Store may have just what you’re looking for! Our VisAbility Store offers a wide variety of adaptive devices and assistive technology to make life easier (and more fun) for that special person with visual impairment on your shopping list.
VisAbility Store manager Kelly Carmichael recommends her favorite items that are sure to bring joy during the giving season.
- For the friend whose schedule is always packed, our 2023 large-print calendar can help them remember every lunch date, meeting, and birthday dinner ($15).
- For your mother who’s staying busy in retirement, our talking clocks can give her the time with a verbal command or the touch of a button (models starting at $15).
- Sunglasses are always a chic look. For people with light sensitivity, they make a practical and fashionable gift. We carry Cocoons and Solar Shield brands ($50-$65).
- Our best-selling PenFriend audio labeler is perfect for anyone who likes to stay organized. This handy, multipurpose device can also be used to take notes,
- record shopping lists, and manage digital content ($200).
- For the children in your life—or anyone whose New Year’s resolution is to have more fun in 2023—check out our large-print and tactile games: Braille Uno ($18), tactile Rubik’s cube ($30), and large-print book of crossword puzzles and word search games ($16).
Until December 31st, enjoy a 20% discount on your entire purchase in the store (sorry, CCTVs and electronic magnifiers are not included). Visit us in person for all your shopping needs or call Kelly at 404-602-4356 to place a delivery order.
We’d love to help you make the holidays special for a loved one with vision loss!
The VisAbility Store is located on the main floor of CVI.
739 W. Peachtree St. NW Atlanta 30308
Monday – 12:30 to 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday – 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday – 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday – 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friday – By Appointment Only