CVI Ongoing Events
Adjusting to Vision Loss Support Group
Thursdays, 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
This group is open to anyone who is visually impaired and their friends and family. The group focuses on life as a newly blind or visually impaired person. Members discuss coping strategies and tips and also provide encouragement and support to each other.
Client BEGIN Parent Groups
BEGIN Parent groups are provided to those who have children participating in weekly preschool classes, typically on Thursdays, for 45 minutes. During that time, BEGIN’s Licensed Clinical Social Worker facilitates a variety of topics including emotional support, transition, parent advocacy, guest speakers, resources, and best-practice tips for parenting a child who is visually impaired or blind.
For parents who participate in Monday Music & Movement classes, BEGIN’s Licensed Clinical Social Worker also facilitates a similar, actively engaged, group to provide information and resources.
Client BEGIN Music and Movement
First and Third Monday of each Month 10:30-11:30 AM
The Music and Movement group is led by a Licensed Music Therapist and Licensed Clinical Social Worker. This group is for parents and our BEGIN children who are not yet walking.
Why is music important?
- Music helps develop speech and language skills.
- Music helps develop listening skills.
- Music helps develop motor coordination.
- Music helps develop eye-hand coordination.
- Music helps develop math skills.
- Music helps cognitive development.
- Music helps children relax.
- Music helps children learn to socialize.
- Music helps develop self-esteem.
Contact BEGIN at 404-602-4333 for more information.